Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Capitol Time


 Seth's week with Ethan was a good one. The highlight was a private tour of the U.S. Capitol given by a friend of the Wounded Warriors whom we only know as Bert. They got to meet several members of the House of Representatives, including our own Representative Rob Bishop.

They were shown the private office of the Sergeant at Arms, in addition to several other places normally off limits to the public. Of the 60 photos they took, here are the best.
In the Press Room--once again, Seth speaks truth to power.






Other highlights of Ethan's visit:
  • lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings--two gentleman invited Seth and Ethan to their table, bought their lunch and shared the afternoon watching football.
  • grilled peanut butter sandwiches
  • uninterrupted watching of The Wire
  • Seth turned 20!
Thanks, Ethan!


My Time Home
The highlights of my time at home are too many to mention, but I want to thank those who made my welcome home so much fun. I was greeted by a lovely decorated house and 20+ friends who waited to surprise me. And thanks to Bob for arranging it all. It was just so nice to be in my house with my husband, my other son, and my dogs.

So When Does This Ever Happen?
My flight back to D.C. was scheduled for 8:30 Tuesday morning, with a two-hour layover in Atlanta arriving in D.C. at 6:00 p.m. We planned to get up a 6:00. At 5:30 a.m., the phone rang. It was Delta saying my flight was changed to 9:45 a.m. Another hour of sleep! Upon arrival at the gate, I was told I had been moved to a non-stop flight at 10:00, arriving in D.C. at 4:00 p.m. In addition to a non-stop flight and an earlier arrival, my new seat was by the window. Could it get better than this? Yes, no one sat next to me. And, to top it all off, my lunch was free because it was missing a slice of cheese!

On my flight in, I had a beautiful view of the area, which is just gorgeous this time of year. The first landmark I recognized was the hospital. I could even see our apartment window. Behind the hospital, the LDS temple glistened. I wondered if I could see the old Walter Reed and, sure enough, there it was. The three buildings made an intriguing triangle.

And I think Seth was glad to see me two hours earlier than expected.

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to see you last Sunday. You brought tears to my eyes with your beautiful smile.

    I am happy your flight went better than expected. Remember, good things always happen to good people. You deserve it!

    Scott and Pat

    ReplyDelete