- Seth has cut his use of painkillers in half once again
- the new date for removing his pelvic external fixator is Sept 13 (we were told Oct 1)
- he's been cleared to shower (but the new room doesn't have hot water, so we're holding off)
- all the wraps have been removed from his leg--meaning all the skin grafts have taken
- he got to lie on his stomach for the first time in two months
|Seth enjoying being on his tummy|
One thing that is sure to make Seth smile are the therapy dogs. We have pondered ways to hide a dog in our room some how . . . I guess for now we'll have to be satisfied with just petting them once in a while.
There are still rough times and setbacks; the body is complex and getting it back "online" takes time, but the trend is forward.
Hurricane Follow-Up: One of Seth's therapists kindly ventured back to Walter Reed to retrieve the charger for Seth's wheelchair battery that was left in his room. He said it's a good thing we got out on Saturday because the hurricane (or is it now a tropical storm?) had caused water damage to Seth's room.