- left leg amputation covered and closed
- right leg fixator adjusted and more wound closing done
- Integra laid on the right leg where future skin grafts will be placed
- left hand reset to help preserve mobility
- the pelvis stabilized by putting a screw in the sacroiliac
- a bar and external fixator placed on the pelvis so Seth can move safely now
- the source of his nausea discovered and dealt with
The documentation of Seth's surgeries will fill two phone books or more by the time we are done. I can't begin to include all the details we are presented with and which the surgeons graciously and kindly explain.
On Tuesday, we were able to talk Seth into using the PCA (patient controlled analgesic) or "the button." Yesterday morning, I was encouraging him to push the button, and he said, "What is this called again?"
I said, "A PCA."
"And what does that stand for?"
I said, "Patient-controlled analgesic."
He responded, "That's right--NOT mom-controlled."
- In Finland, fines for driving infractions are based on one's income. Brilliant.