Friday, July 15, 2011

Movin' On Up

Today Seth moved from the 4th floor SICU to the 5th floor Orthopedic Ward. It is a beautiful place, with least three separate gardens. It feels like we are in a different world--well, for me, since Seth won't be out and about to see the gardens for a while.

His surgery today was a record--only three hours! The surgeons continue to clean and close wounds, and they were very happy to report that one wound was healing "surprisingly well" and would not require tissue from another place on Seth's body. Any time I hear a surgeon use the word "surprisingly," I hear prayers being answered.

Our lives changed two weeks ago today. When I started this blog, Seth was far away. Now he is close and aware, so I worried what he would think about it since he is generally a private person. When I told him about it yesterday, he said, "Cool." Now that we are together, I will try to keep it more about him than about me.

Random Reflections:

  • Please and thank you truly are magic words.
  • Writer Anne Lamott says the two best prayers are "Help me, help me, help me," and "Thank you, thank you, thank you." She's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment